Sunday, November 16, 2014

Authors, Illustrators, & Characters, oh my!

I love, love, love using notebooks with my Kindergarten students!

It is such a fun, flexible way to capture student learning. 
ALL of my students can be successful - 
and work at their own level. 

In Reader's Workshop we've been focusing on the parts of a book, authors, illustrators, and characters.

Here are some examples of the awesome learning that is going on in our room. 

parts of a book

An author writes the words.
An illustrator creates the pictures. 





Pout Pout fish inspired by Dan Hannah:

I can draw Pigeon like Mo Willems. 


Characters by Mo Willems:



I can draw David just like David Shannon. 








Click here to read other ways we use our reading notebooks.  

have added several new prompts to my Reading Notebook labels on TpT
There are now 100 prompts that are all tied to the Kindergarten ELA CCS! 
Check it out:

Blogging Buddies - 
First person to leave their email will win a copy of my Reading Notebook labels. :):)

2 comments:

  1. Love your notebooks!!!! Isn't kid art the best:)
    megandw@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great product!
    kcahcrim@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete